MN – Overwhelming Hunger Viy
One of the contenders to the title of strongest deck appeared due to the expansion. The main mechanic of this kind of deck is really simple, play and consume in the same turn your Viy as many times as you can, getting tempo and carryover in the same play.
A really polarizing deck, which feels really difficult to answer, especially if your deck is built around midrange strategies, as you will be unable to catch Viy in points. It has some beta Nekkers vibes in that point of view, but a deck that can reach high scores easily.
- Viy: this horrendous Alzur creation terrorizes the ladder. While at first sight looks easy to counter, as the deck is built around being able to consume it the same turn you drop it, it’s almost impossible to stop unless your consumes are killed.
- Ihuarraquax: one of your multiple tutors, but the one which can steal one of your opponent’s win conditions. We should try to adapt the moment in certain matchups, as Lippy.
- Great point ceiling.
- Relatively easy to pilot.
- Some R3 hands can be almost unplayable.
- Plenty of counters in low MMR ladder.
Running a Hauntless version, which has a lesser ceiling but can be more stable. Another consideration is tweaking the number of consumes, keeping in mind we should always have 2 Barghest and at least 4 consumes in the deck.